Harrow is a fully reaccredited UNICEF Baby Friendly Community!
So what is a Baby Friendly Community? Well… The UK Baby Friendly Initiative is based on a global accreditation programme of UNICEF and the World Health Organization. It is designed to support breastfeeding and parent infant relationships by working with public services to improve standards of care.
We offer support to all mothers, whether breastfeeding, mixed feeding or formula feeding.
Our Volunteers can support you and provide information on:
- Sharing breastfeeding experiences
- How to get breastfeeding off to a good start
- Why Skin to Skin contact is so good for your baby and you!
- Why love is good for your baby’s brain
- Understanding the benefits of breastfeeding
- The importance of feeding your baby responsively
- Feeding Cues and what they mean
- Preparing formula safely if you choose to give your baby formula milk
- Challenges with breastfeeding
- Hand expressing
- Storage of breastmilk
- Going back to work
- Breastfeeding in public
- Breastfeeding through pregnancy
Come to a group and find out more.